FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q. What are the Legal Requirements?
A. Under The Marriage Act 1961 there are certain obligations that you, as a couple intending to get married, must meet prior to a marriage ceremony being solemnised, I have listed the main obligations below:
You must both be over the age of 18 years, or have the appropriate permission.
Notice of Intended Marriage:
You need to fill out a Notice of Intended Marriage (form 13). Your celebrant MUST receive this at least one month and one day before your wedding. The completed form must be witnessed by an authorised person, one of which is your marriage celebrant. I will supply you with a Notice of Intended Marriage form or you may choose to download it now. click here to download a copy of the NOIM form. I will be happy to help you complete the Notice of Intended Marriage at our first meeting. If possible please bring your relevant documents from the following:
If you were born outside of Australia you are required to produce a birth certificate. However, if you do not have a birth certificate I can accept your overseas Passport.
If you were previously married you must produce a copy of the Divorce Decree Absolute or Death Certificate, whichever is applicable.
Prior to your wedding both partners will be required to sign a declaration, stating that you believe there is no legal impediment to the marriage between yourself and your partner.
At your ceremony, you must have two witnesses with a minimum age of 18 years.
I will advise you of any other obligations as they arise.
Q. What do I need to do now?
A. Simply contact me to make an appointment for a relaxed meeting, where we can discuss all your wedding requirements. There is no obligation or charge for this interview. You can contact me by phone or just fill in the contact page on this site and I will contact you. To avoid disappointment, please consider booking as soon as you can as I recive bookings up to 18 months ahead.
I love celebrating marriages and I would consider it an honour to be part of your special day.
Q. Where can we get married?
A. You can choose to be married anywhere that suits you, in the gardens, on the beach, in your own home, at a hotel, a function centre even in a hot air balloon. I can marry you anywhere as long as it's within Australia.
Q. What does My Fee Include?
A. My fee includes this fourteen point wedding plan:
| My Fourteen Point Wedding Plan:|
- I will loan you a copy of the source book " Ceremonies and Celebrations " or equivalent.
- I give you the complete choice of the content for you ceremony.
- At a relaxed interview, we discuss all your wedding requirements. (There is no obligation or charge for this interview)
- You are entitled to unlimited consultation by phone, in person or e-mail.
- You are entitled to an on-site rehearsal (within a reasonable distance) at a mutually convenient time.
- I supply you a beautifully presented bound copy of your ceremony.
- I supply you the Government approved wedding certificate which is then printed with laser calligraphy.
- Appreciation certificates can be provided for the wedding party and others on request.
- I guarantee that no other wedding will be booked so close that I arrive late or leave before my commitment to your wedding is fulfilled. I always plan to arrive 30 minutes before the bride is due to make her entrance and I never rush away.
- I give my personal guarantee that I will be familiar with the ceremony beforehand and will read my part in a sincere and interested manner.
- I will dress in a professional manner. What I wear on the day can be discussed when we meet.
- I will provide and use a portable PA system when required. My PA has extra microphones for the groom and the readers.
- I will liase with the musician or the C.D operator to ensure that the music is effective throughout the ceremony.
- I will register your Marriage with the appropriate government bodies.
My fee will reflect my professionalism and experience. Once we have discussed your requirements I can give you a fixed price quote. (No hidden charges).